Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:27 AM // 01:27   #1
Banned

VitisVinifera's Avatar

Location: Northern California
Guild: HoTR
Profession: N/Me

Disable Ads
Default Correspondance with Game Stop about new keys being given out by email <chaos>

I've been in contact with Game Stop. A few days ago, unsolicitedly, they emailed me a key. I bought CE and the pre-order, and the pre-order was shipped in plenty of time. Of course the CE is delayed. A few days ago, Gaile stated that keys were being sent to us via the retailers by email because of the CE delay. Obviously there is a LOT of confusion going on and NCSoft needs to get their act together because they are seriously botching this. Here's a copy of my last email to/from them:

Hello Vitis,

I am being told that it is just a pre-order key. I am not sure though
if it will keep running till CE comes out or if it has ended. I have been
told regular pre-order keys ended last night when the servers went
live. If you are still playing with the key emailed to you below, then it is
a special code though we do not know how long it is good for.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
edited out, a guy at GameStop

Hello,

Subject: Your Guild Wars Factions Pre-order Code

> Dear GameStop/ EBgames customer,
>
> If you did not receive your Guild Wars
> Factions pre-order
> code
> with your reservation, you may use the code below to
> unlock the special
> in-game items available to pre-order customers:
>
> EDITED OUT the dang key!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Please note this is for the in-game items only and
> you will also need to
> use
> the CD-KEY from the retail box upon receipt to play
> the game.
>
> For more information, please visit
> www.guildwars.com.
>

> Thank you,
>
> GameStop.com/EBgames.com Customer Service

VitisVinifera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:20 AM // 07:20   #2
nin
Ascalonian Squire

Thats a pre-order key. I got the same email (dated 4/27), even though I got my preorder box a month ago from EB.
nin is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!